Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Shape Makes Great Backgrounds

When I started beta testing Rob Bunney's new formula, I found that I easily got stuck in the rut of trying to make an image using just one plug-in to the One Shape coloring algorithm. I finally branched out a bit and found that by changing the plug-in and the merge mode, I could get some interesting backgrounds.

This background consists of 7 layers that utilize 5 different plug-ins. By varying the gradient and the merge modes, I came up with this blast of stars. Then I had to have something to plop on top of my background. Unfortunately, it was late, and I wasn't driven by creativity. I went to my old images and found an interesting spiral and adapted it to the color scheme suggested by my background. The final result looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers